Saturday, May 31

Graduation 2008

Singapore Polytechnic held its 46th Graduation Ceremony from 27-29 May 2008 at the Singapore Polytechnic Convention Centre. This video showcases the graduation of the pioneer batch of Diploma in Music & Audio Technology (DMAT) students during Session 6 on 28 May 2008.

Another phase in my life has ended, upon my graduation from Singapore Polytechnic (SP) with a Diploma in Music & Audio Technology (with Merit). Not to boast but just to for the record and to enlighten the curious ones, I received the Media Development Authority (MDA) Course Gold Medal for being the top student in the course (it came along with a cash prize of $400), as well as the DBS Bank Award ($1000).

These past 3 years have been the best of my life so far... my constant involvement in school events makes them all the more memorable... as a tribute to the days gone by, here's a photo recap of the major events of my polytechnic life...

Looking back on my polytechnic life, I'm especially grateful to all my lecturers, DMAT classmates (below) and SP schoolmates for all their help, care, and support they've showered upon me... thank you each and every one of you so much so brightening my day :)

My many memories include the numerous school talentimes in which I used to accompany my friends on the piano... especially frequently with my vocal ensemble Sensually Transmitted Music (below)...

The Artiste & Repertoire Challenge (ARC) 2006, in which my team, Six For Music (6FM), emerged as Champion in the tertiary category (winning the Best Music Business Award as well)...

Superstar: The Pop Musical (2006), SP's first musical, opened my life into the world of musicals - I'll always cherish the wonderful times I spent with the musical cast and crew...

The study tours I went on to Hong Kong (2006) and the United States (2007) gave me new insights on different cultures and fuelled my passion for travelling...

The Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab, a summer internship programme at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, USA (2007), saw me as "Audio Lead" in a team working on an experimental game for both the blind and sighted...

I was recently involved as Sound Designer in a stage adaptation of literary master J B Priestley's suicide mystery "An Inspector Calls", held to officially launch Singapore Polytechnic's brand new School of Communication, Arts and Social Sciences (CASS)...

Thought it would be fitting to end this post with some lyrics from the ever-popular graduation song, Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C: ~As we go on... we remember... all the times we... had together... and as our lives change... come whatever... we will still be... friends forever...~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home