Wednesday, March 22

So that effort DID pay off.

Several "heart attacks", panic "strokes" and tonnes of sweat... it was all necessary. Breaking out from the normal crowd, the typical lifestyle, and the dazzling temptations, I had to keep myself disciplined strictly to follow my mundane regiment.

The normal crowd. My social life for the past one year has largely been confined. Except for the occasional class outing, I rarely went with my classmates to "chill out" or "hang out". It's good that my parents have a rather strict curfew on me as well - so I pressured to come home on time. Good discipline.

The typical lifestyle. Singaporeans in general love to EAT, SHOP, TALK, and SLEEP. I have tended to eat or desired to eat more recently, but it's for me to grow bigger (if it's any use at all in helping my size/weight). Shopping is something I dislike - I don't go window-shopping at all (waste of time); I only shop when I have something ESSENTIAL I need (not want). Needs and wants. Yakkity-yak. Not having a handphone has kept my mouth quieter and my fingers less itchy. It also prevents people from bugging/irritating me (that's why I always prefer to be contacted by e-mail). I can't stand the sight of teenagers now when they have nothing to do - the handphone is whipped out and the fingers itch and twiddle with it. I find it pointless, especially if you're not replying to an SMS or playing some game. Is it really just a "fashion statement"? A huge barrier has been built between the real and the virtual. As for sleep, I hate being a lazy bummer doing nothing at home or being a potato couch, even if it's the holidays. I can even go to the extent of being BORED and wanting to get BUSY if ever I have too much free time on my hand. The origins being from secondary school (some of you may know I was renowned as being a very BUSY student).

The dazzling temptations. One year on, I have continued to resist the negative forces of EVIL. Here goes my list of "No-nos": NO useless TV shows (excludes news and documentaries), NO cinema visits (when was the last time I entered a cinema? hmm.), NO anime/cartoons, NO computer games (addictive shit which so many people are hooked to), NO BGR (for now, not the proper time), NO crapping around or wasting time, NO slacking, NO... I know I'm placing many restrictions on myself, but it's a matter of working hard now and reaping the fruits of my labour - later.

Well, I've been putting or at least attempting to put heart and soul in whatever school project I did in Year 1... so that effort DID pay off:

PERFORMANCE 1 - DIST

MUSICIANSHIP - DIST

MIDI & SYNTHESIS - DIST

RECORDING AND MIXING TECHNIQUES - DIST

DIGITAL VIDEO PRODUCTION TECHNIQUES - DIST

APPRECIATING CROSS CULTURAL DIFFERENCES - DIST

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT - A

CRITICAL REASONING SKILLS - B

INNOVATION, DESIGN & ENTERPRISE IN ACTION - B

Semester GPA: 3.957

Cumulative GPA: 3.922

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home